A Special Task Force (STF) has been established for each Sub-Division of each district of Delhi with the following composition: –
- Sub-Divisional Magistrate of the Sub-division / Convener
- Assistant Commissioner of Police of the subdivision / Member
- Deputy Director/Executive Engineer of DDA / Member
- Zonal Assistant Commissioner of MCD / Member
- Executive Engineer of PWD / Member
- BDO of Panchayat Department, GNCTD / Member
Representatives’ of other land owning agencies, such as L&DO to be inducted as and when necessary.
The functions and responsibilities of the Special Task force shall be to :-
- Act on information and intelligence gathered from various sources regarding encroachments and constructions of unsafe and unauthorized buildings.
- Recommend the land owning agencies to protect and recover encroached lands.
- Order registration of FIRs for violation of law under relevant provisions of Indian Penal Code and other laws, as applicable.
- Submit monthly progress reports by 7th of the next month to Dy. Commissioner of the district concerned for further submission to the government through Divisional Commissioner.
- Use GSDL/satellite maps for regular monitoring of unauthorized constructions and encroachments.
- Members of the STF have to attend meetings of the STF personally and cannot depute their subordinates to represent them.
- In terms of the order of the Hon’ Delhi High Court in CWO 4771/93 dated November 3,1997 the Junior Engineers and the Station House Officers would be personally responsible for any encroachment or unauthorized structures coming up in their jurisdiction.
- The District Task Force will continue to monitor and coordinate the functioning of the STF.