Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban)
About the scheme, objectives and target
“Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Housing for All (Urban) Mission” for urban area is being implemented during 2015-2022. This Mission provides central assistance toimplementing agencies through States and UTs for providing houses to all eligible families/beneficiaries by 2022.All statutory towns as per Census 2011 and Statutory Towns notified subsequently would be eligible for coverage under the Mission. Note: In this Mission, States/UTs will have the flexibility to include the Planning Areas (to the exclusion of rural areas) as notified with respect to Statutory Towns and such Planning Areas (to the exclusion of rural areas) as notified by Development Authorities.
- The Mission is implemented as Centrally Sponsored Scheme (CSS) except for the component of credit linked subsidy which is implemented as a Central Sector Scheme by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation, Government of India.
- It is implemented by Urban Local Bodies, Development Authorities, Housing Boards etc. selected byState Government/SLSMC.
- Beneficiary identification in PMAY (U) is to be linked to Aadhaar/Voter card/ other unique identification from Revenue Authority to avoid duplication
- Ensure that the housing requirement of all urban poor including slum dwellers are met through different Programme verticals
- The core objective is to provide central assistance to implementing agencies through States and UTs for providing houses to all eligible families / beneficiaries by 2022. .4
- Provide pucca house with water connection, toilet & electricity facilities
- Ensure that urban localities are slums free & that all citizens have access to basic services
- Provide houses designed and constructed to meet requirements of structural safety against earthquake, flood, cyclone, landslides etc. conforming to the National Building Code (NBC) and other relevant Bureau of Indian Standards (BIS) codes.
Economically weaker section (EWS), low-income groups (LIGs) and Middle Income Groups (MIGs).
This Mission provides central assistance toimplementing agencies through States and UTs for providing houses to all eligible families/beneficiaries by 2022
How To Apply
Refer to http://pmaymis.gov.in/.View (1 MB)