Registration of Marriages
1. Application form completed in all respect and signed by both Husband & Wife.
2. Fee of Rs.100/- is to be deposited with Marriage Cler And the receipt is to be appended with the form.
3. Self attested documentary evidence of date of birth of both parties. (Matriculation Certificate/Passport/Birth Certificate).
4. Self attested residential Proof of both the parties (Voter I-Card/Ration Card/Driving Licence/Passport etc.).
5. Self attested Marriage Invitation card, if available.
6. Separate affidavits in prescribed format from Husband & Wife giving:
a) Date and place of marriage.
b) Date of Birth.
c) Martial status at the time of marriage.
d) Affirmation that the parties are not related to each other within the prohibited degree of relationship as per Hindu Marriage Act.
7. For the purpose of identification, the proof may be in the form of a certificate containing the attested photographs of the Husband & Wife duly attested by any officer/official of central or state governments or Union Territory Administration of PSU/autonomous bodies whose identity can be established or by any person having PAN of Income Tax.
8. Passport size photograph of both the parties (2 Copies each) as well as their Ceremonial photographs duly attested by any officer official of central or state governments or Union
Territory Administration of PSU/autonomous bodies whose identity can be established or by any person having PAN of Income Tax.
9. Attested copy of divorce decree/order in case of a divorce and death certificate of spouse in case of widow/widower.
10. Where marriage has been solemnized at a religious place, a certificate from the priest is required.
11. In case of a foreign national, a certificate from the Embassy concerned regarding his or her present martial status.
12. In case one of the parties belong to other than Hindu, Budhist, Jain and Sikh religions, a conversion certificate from the priest who solemnized the marriage is required.
13. The applicants have to apply for registration of marriage to the office of the Deputy Commissioner in whose territorial jurisdiction either of the applicants resides.
14. If the marriage is solemnized in Delhi but the applicants were not residing in Delhi, application for registration of the marriage shall have to be made to office of the Deputy Commissioner in whose jurisdiction the marriage has been solemnized.
Time Required -1 day